Written on January 2, 2014 – 9:17 pm | by Larry Ferlazzo
REVISED TOK SCHEDULE — 2014
• History p. 300-322 (homework due January 6th)
• Ethics p. 363-396 (homework due January 13th)
• Semester Final Exam — Essay
• Natural Sciences p. 220-250 (homework due February 3rd)
• Human Sciences p. 256-288 (homework due February 11th)
• Religious Knowledge Systems p. 403- 431 (homework due February 18th)
• Indigenous Knowledge Systems (no homework)
• TOK Presentation Planning – Decide on topic and group by February 24th. Assuming we can get access to the computer lab or laptops, you will have four class periods each week to work on it for three weeks. Your written plan will be due on March 5th.
• You will make your presentation in late-March. Presentations will be video-recorded
• CAS Review
• Everyone will spend one week “teaching lessons” & then groups will decide if they want to make a second presentation (which will be done in late April).
For teaching lessons, small groups will pick from a wide choice of materials for each Way of Knowing and Area of Knowledge. Each week, groups will prepare short lessons on the material they chose to present to a small group. You will be provided a guideline, and creativity will be encouraged. You will have one class period to chose and prepare; there will be one-to-two class periods to present.
• Work on TOK Essay, which will be due on June 6th
• One or two weeks “teaching lessons”